Halmer End is a village in the Borough of Newcastle-under-Lyme in Staffordshire, neighbouring the small hamlet of Alsagers Bank and not far from the larger village of Audley. The village is on the B5367 and is only 2 miles away from the M6.
Historically the village was dominated by the Coal Mining Industry, and several large Coal mines were in operation in the vicinity of the village in the 19th and early 20th centuries. However, the village is remembered as being the site of the worst Mining disaster in the history of the North Staffordshire Coalfield when, in 1918, 156 men and boys were killed in the Minnie Pit disaster.
Halmer End was served by a railway station which was opened by the North Staffordshire Railway on 28 June 1880. It was situated on the NSR Audley to Alsager Line. The line closed completely in 1963 and much of it is now a footpath, but nothing much remains of the Industry that the Line once served.